Monday, March 8, 2010

Call N' Return


Yay!

I finally made a decision!! My work Visa for the USA runs out in August, and instead of trying to get ANOTHER work visa for ANOTHER year, I'm gonna get my travel on and head home...

Hecks yes Australia, I just miss you too much! Life is good, but life without the GG Crew and The Ace Gang just ain't quite cutting it. Did I mention I might actually go crazy loco if I don't get to have Aunty cuddles for another year and a half?? No thank you.

Wouldn't trade this experience for anything though. Learnt (and am still learning) so much, had the most insane opportunities, been to some killer cities and some killer shows, witnessed the greatest candy aisles in the universe, petroned my way through many an awkward situation, became a big fan of the cherry bomb, met people that will be in my life forever... and more than anything, got some perspective, figured out what's important, and began to move on. Wait. I take that back... and more than anything, I MET JARED LETO.

So the next 5 months will be superb, we're heading to Mexico soon, got some brilliant shows lined up, amped for Summer (aka Dan & Dustin take over Waterworld), going to Washington State in August and Elisha's moving 5 minutes away so we can watch Glee all day while the kiddies are at school and hit Boulder for major shopping and coffeeeeeeeee. Cool beans!

And then I've got travel timeeeeeeeeeee. Hello LA roadtrippin', 2 weeks in NYC and home via EUROPE. Yes. I finish work in August. But Australia, don't count on seeing me til October. Eeeeeeek. Fun!

In other news, HelloGoodbye (yes Dave and AP, I give in) were a lovely treat last night. A little dancing was done, pre Saves The Day and New Found Glory. Gothic Theatre reminded me so much of Jive. Which made me even more sure, it's gonna be good to be home! Been exploring Denver by daylight, and Boulder by moonlight. Art Galleries, Brunswick-type bars, and outdoor malls in the sunshine. This really is a cool place to live. For now. Insert smiley face with winking action here.

"If only you were here, things would be more magical. If I was there, right now would be more radical... Miles of air and road and land that separate me from all my plans. Were havin' havin' havin' havin' fun, but something something tells me I miss someone." HELLOGOODBYE

No comments:

Post a Comment