Tuesday, December 15, 2009

City Of Blinding Lights


Janelephant is HERE!

After a hideously delayed flight, a missed bus to NYC, and a lot of "oh my gah, I can't believe you're here" we managed to use our little aussie accents and get ourselves on a later bus.. and we were on our way. Hello 4:30am, it's time to fall asleep, only to wake up to..

"I CAN SEE THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING!"-Janelle.
"Are you sure, it might've just been a big bank." -Dan.

We had arrived.

Ah yes. Time for some Starbucks. Holiday drinks all round. We had a killer day. After we were successfully caffeinated, we made our way to The Empire State Building. Seriously. Good View. On so many levels. (Right Janelle?!) And then we roamed around aimlessly, just taking it all in. NYC just gets better & better with every second. Hard Rock Cafe Times Square. Oh yeh. And dude. That is one seriously massive Christmas Tree. And the amount of people lining up to see it- MADNESS. So so so good to see KAT & SHHAMES. Especially loved stumbling across the rooftop bar & stealing someones private table. Ha. But nothing beats the cowboy bar. Except for maybe everything in the whole world. Too funny. We'll always have thermals. Cocktails at Planet Hollywood with Robert Pattinson's hand prints. Ah yes. Again.

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep. Big shout out to Papa Smith for hooking us up with a massive kick ass hotel room on the Brooklyn Bridge. Holla!

Morning Snapples in Central Park, kickin it in the rain, followed by an OH SO ROMANTIC carriage ride. I proposed. She said no, due to the fact that she likes boys and I'm her cousin. Fair. And then... 5th avenue. Hello most amazing window displays in the universe. Oh. I'm in love. Tiffanys is like soooooooo much bigger and better in NYC. We tried so much on, took lots of snaps, and spoiled ourselves. Sorry credit card. Then some wining and dining at Trump Towers. There is something incredible about purchasing a bottle of water with Donald Trump's face on it. YOU'RE FIRED. Taxi! Last stop, Broadway. I'm gonna say it, Rock Of Ages was the best musical I've ever seen. Songs by Journey, Bon Jovi, Mr Big, Pat Benatar, Europe, Starship, Foreigner, Poison & REO Speedwagon. We were in our "I wish we had been teenagers in the 80's" element.

I've said it before. But this time I mean it.

BEST.

WEEKEND.

EVER.

Janelle- welcome to America...

"And I miss you when you're not around, I'm getting ready to leave the ground.. Oh you look so beautiful tonight, In the city of blinding lights." U2

No comments:

Post a Comment