Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Christmas! Let's Be Glad!














We had a white Christmas.

Let me rephrase, we had a white Chrismukkah.

That would be 8 days of presents, and 1 day of MANY presents.

We are not Jewish. We just like presents. And Seth Cohen.

And boy did it snow. Lucky for Janelle she had her Santa onesie to keep her warm... And I had my Jacob Black Christmas stocking to keep me.. ahh, to keep me happy?? Ok, actually, skyping in with my family, showing them the snow, and watching Zeke, Trin and Lij open their presents was what really made me happy.

On Christmas Eve we hit up some local church for carols and a Christmas service. It was so pretty, with lots of lights and amazing decorations. And they shared stories of giving in the community, it was nice to see the true meaning of Christmas being spread. That's when it started to feel like Christmas... Christmas fettucini, PRESENTS, Chrismukkah OC episode & RENT with Elisha & Janelle. Hooray. Good.

Christmas morning! "Goo goo, gah gah, bikey" Southern Comfort Eggnog + Peter Alexander Christmas Slippers + Candyland + Christmas stockings = a very good Christmas morning. Now to attempt cooking Christmas lunch without my mother. Eeeeeek. Lucky I'm fabulous. Candy the yams baby, it's on. Plus Elf was playing in the background. Best Christmas movie ever. "SANTA!!! I KNOW HIM!"

Meanwhile, Christmas evening was actually too funny to put into words. I don't know if I can do it justice. Crashed a family shindig, thanks Peggy! Probably the greatest group of people in the world, 10 points to Elisha for having the funniest jazzercise instructor in the universe. MORE WINE? Seriously. The Rent sing-a-long will go down in history as one of my favourite Christmas memories of all time.

Christmas 2009, you were a winner.

"Since it's Christmas let's be glad, even if your life's been bad, they're presents to be had. Take a walk out in the snow, and hear Santa's ho ho ho." SUFJAN STEVENS

No comments:

Post a Comment