Saturday, January 16, 2010

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

So much can change in a week.

This time last week I was watching SNL... and FREAKING out. I'd matched with a new host family back in Colorado and was pretty stoked about getting out of MD. That is, until they jumped on Google, read about my fabulous family history, and gave me the boot. Uhoh. Looked like I was gonna have to pack my millions of suitcases and head back to Australia.

With only a week left to find a new job before being booted off US soil, I was almost to the point of not giving a toss. So over all the drama. But I still really really really didn't feel ready to go "home"

So torn.

Kinda ready to just get on a plane. Kinda ready to run away from immigration. Kinda ready to just give up.

Enter desperation road trip with Owl City's METEOR SHOWER on repeat for 6 hours. The lyrics hammered me. And I just knew.

The next day I get this insane call. From a family that wants me to go work for them. In Colorado. And I cannot believe the opportunity that has just fallen in my lap. For anyone who knows what my ultimate is, what I truely want to do with my life, (besides stalk musicians and win many critics choice awards) you'll know why I am so messed up, ah, in a good way, by what this family does. And the fact that I'll be smack bang in the middle of all of this.

www.preciouschild.org

So all I know is... I'm about to be living with, working for, and just basically surrounded by people living out my dreams.

Pretty sweet huh.

"Good times for a change... Haven't had a dream in a long time." THE SMITHS


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment