Thursday, October 15, 2009

Typical

2 months without my own car.

How typical Dan- I hate driving when I have complete access to one, and now, I'd kill to drive everywhere, everyday.

HA.

Apparently I'm getting one very soon. HOORAY. Til then, I'll continue to drive that giant 4WD, trying desperately not to get it impounded while parking downtown for Mutemath concerts!

(SEGWAY)

So. Mutemath. Last night. So insane. So good. So so so so good. Killer dance moves provided by various band members (and supporting band members, no one can move quite like As Tall As Lions) One of the most mental encores I have ever witnessed. So much broken equipment. Better use of a keytar than the steller Justin Timberlake. I kid you not. And if I closed my eyes (which I didn't, um, I wanted to SEE the show)I swear there were moments where I could hear Sting. Incredible vocal.

The twi-hard moment was pretty funny also. You see, Elisha pointed out to me a bunch of girls in the front row looking super unhappy. I'm pretty sure their eyes were saying "why am I here"
We continued to laugh at their lack of enthusiasm throughout the evening, and I predicted that the only reason they were there was because Spotlight landed on the Twilight Soundtrack. I was correct. Second song of the encore and these little ladies came alive. It was like they actually thought Edward Cullen was about to fall from the sky. And I'm not gonna pretend that hearing that song live didn't make me feel like I too could walk into a school as a ripe old vampire, sporting some kick ass sunnies, and just be uber cool at everything. But that didn't make it any less funny.

I love Denver Diner.

Life continues to be crazy. Unpredicatable. And just whatever. Here's to happy moments.

"Come on, can't I dream for one day, there's nothing that can't be done. But how long should it take somebody, before they can be someone... And I'm feeling like it's now or never, can I break the spell of the typical." MUTEMATH




No comments:

Post a Comment