Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blown Away

Soooooooo. I've meet some really cool people. And they may or may not own guns.

I'm leaning more towards may.


Which is strange to me, but over here "everybody's doing it"

Seriously. Everyone owns guns. It's like majorly legal. And crazy. And I can't quite wrap my head around it. But apparently, it makes people feel safe. We just shoot cans. But other people. Well I guess they shoot each other. Frick. Anyway. I don't want one. I just like to hold them and take photos so I feel badass.

It's the little differences like this that make this country "special"

Other special differences include:
Malls open til 9pm every night.
Drive through Starbucks.
Movie screenings after 10pm.
Full House re-runs 4 times daily.
Alcohol in the supermarket.
Ranch on everything.

But the strangest difference I've stumbled upon? Showing ID when you use a key card. What the heck?

"Hi, I'd just like to chuck this lip gloss on my credit card, oh dang it, I forgot my passport. Shoot."

So odd.

But people are really nice here. After they spend 10 minutes checking your ID, they spend the rest of your shopping trip asking about kangaroos & Hugh Jackman. I assure them that neither have ever lived in my backyard. Shame. Speaking of guns...

But anyway. Having the bestest time. Learning lots. Unlearning a whole bunch of other shiznit.

Feeling like I may just be getting back to my old self. And very happy to be still standing. Thank God for fresh starts. Thank God for a lot of things...

"Days, I've missed so many days. In a world that has become an unfamiliar place... When revelation calls.." SHINY TOY GUNS

No comments:

Post a Comment