Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Dustland Fairytale

Welcome to the greatest night of my existence.

Big Call.

But seriously. The Killers, under the stars, at Red Rocks, the maddest amphitheatre in the entire world, Brandon Flowers running up, jumping onto a rock in front of my face, obtaining a SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT toothbrush...


Oh. My. Gah.

Insane.

I could go on. And I probably will. And I know I've seen them before, but seriously, Australia, your venues suck. Red Rocks may possibly be the greatest place I've ever been to. And that dang amphitheatre did those boys justice. The sound quality was absolute perfection. The stage was madness, fireworks and confetti just shooting out of who knows where, cause it certainly wasn't falling from the non existing ceiling. Masses of people just dancing, not a bad seat in the place- being short can't hurt me here!
And.
To add to what in my mind, was utter perfection, The Killers leave the stage, after encore, and as they walk out, Henry Mancini's Moon River strikes up. Moon River, under the stars, as Brandon Flowers walks away, leaving behind a trail of sparkles and a very happy Danielle.

"He looked just like you'd want him to, some kind of slick chrome American Prince, A blue jean serenade, moon river, what you do to me." THE KILLERS

No comments:

Post a Comment